Reading time ( words)
The IPC – Association Connecting Electronics Industries (IPC) and the Surface Mount Technology Association (SMTA) are inviting the industry to submit technical papers for the upcoming High-Reliability Cleaning and Conformal Coating Conference November 13-15, 2012 in Chicago, Illinois.
The conference is focused on electronic assembly reliability and the influence that cleanliness and coating has on producing reliable hardware. How clean is clean is more challenging to answer as conductors and circuit traces are increasingly narrower. What is acceptably clean for one segment of the industry may be unacceptable in more demanding segments.
The conference will feature technical sessions, workshops, tabletop exhibits and networking activities. This comprehensive event will provide intense coverage of technological developments in all areas of cleaning and coating, applied to electronic assemblies. Building on the first two successful conferences in 2008 and 2010, it will bring together electronics industry professionals from diverse backgrounds with common interests in coating and cleaning of electronic assemblies.
The paper abstracts are due April 2, 2012. Categories for the submissions are:
- Electrical Performance and Reliability: Failure mechanisms, contamination type, and concentration, and residue remaining under bottom-termination components;
- Conformal Coating: Reliability and coating integrity, coating types, coating over flux residues, and coating adhesion;
- Cleaning: Residues and reliability, cleaning materials, process control, cleaning equipment, cleaning advanced packages;
- Test Methods: Standards and controls; direct, indirect, and analytical testing; and
- Environmental: rinse-water treatment and recovery, VOCs, air, REACH.